Thursday, January 24, 2013

Memory

Memory is an attitude I think. It is a choice we make to care about our environment. I realized this from a n episode of the radio program "To the best of our knowledge", that was focusing on exceptional memory and how it is achieved. When the host of the show asked his guest what the most important thing about developing an exceptional memory was, he replied that it was being intentional; choosing to remember where you put the car keys or what the things on your shopping list are. You have to be willing to be constantly mindful of what it is you are doing, and how you are doing it. What you are saying and how you are saying it. Only then will you begin to stretch your mental muscles in such a way as to build the capacity for complex memorization.
I hope to keep this conversation in mind as I seek to begin the process of returning to a school environment.
Because I plan to succeed, to be exceptionally brilliant and hardworking. I hope to graduate with honors.

No comments:

Post a Comment